- We’re having success marketing to locals with daily deals and to tourists with max-out, budget-friendly deals. Buy more, save more. We also sell a variety of accessories in our dispensaries like terp pearls, little glass beads that roll around in the banger when dabbing to stir the vaporizing concentrate. — Scott Kibitt, Agricultural Advantages, Trinidad, CO
- Our staff knows each product specifically, making each product in our store a high-seller. Folks can’t sell what they don’t know. As for specific products, sleep aids are in high demand. For the value buyers, Ript is a new line of gummy from Ripple, known mainly as makers of a powdered mix-in. They aren’t the best-tasting gummies or the most effective, but they are cheap! The cheapest in the marketplace. — Barb Hillaker, Bud Hut, Walsenburg, CO
- We sell high-quality products and that never goes out of style. — Sam Ukpedinjagba, MyCannabisPlus, Las Cruces, NM
- We’re doing well with our own Green Stem infused pre-rolls. CO2 oil is replacing distillate—for example, Sticky Mitten CO2 is a cleaner product and has no butane. Peachy Hash Rosin has been picking up in sales as well. — George Lynch, Green Stem, Niles, MI
- We are succeeding by focusing on product quality, consistency, customer service and by listening to the needs of our patients. — Pete Nischt, Klutch Cannabis, Akron, OH
- Shopping convenience, good taste and a large, quality menu on offer are our best-sellers. — Brandon Gilbert, Arctic Greenery & Chena Cannabis, North Pole, AK
- There’s way too much competitive discounting in this industry. Customers line up for product. They should pay for it. As an industry, the “whose dick is bigger” (or smaller?) discounting is killing us. Farms are guilty of it as well because the easiest way to gain market share is to discount, which is not a good long-term strategy. Farms that are nearly going out of business are competing by engaging in discount wars with other farms that are nearly going out of business. — Tim Goad, Bayshore Cannabis, Shelton, WA
- Our strategy: Great product and upgrading the customer experience. — Maura Doyle, Pioneer Cannabis Company, Brimfield, MA
- Camino is the biggest brand for us. It’s the breadwinner, essentially. — Kristi Palmer, Kiva Confections, Alameda, CA
- Focusing on best-selling SKUs and our best retail partners helps mitigate the impact of the downturn. Our Fulton 5er indoor pre-rolls are California’s single-gram category leader. We stick to our wheelhouse—small-batch, high-quality indoor at an affordable price made by real industry veterans. — Ali Jamalian, Sunset Connect, San Francisco, CA
- Get the prices right, get the market right. — Jason Andresen, Backbone Distribution, Long Beach, CA
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a cannabis business, you’re invited to join the Global Cannabis Times Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the cannabis business. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Cannaconvo with Peter Su of Green Check Verified
Cannabis Last Week with Jon Purow interviews Peter Su of Green Check Verified. Peter Su is a Senior Vice President with Green Check Verified, the top cannabis banking compliance software/consultancy in the space. A 20+ year veteran of the banking industry, Peter serves on the Banking & Financial Services committee of the National Cannabis Industry Association. He chairs the Banking and Financial Services Committee for the NYCCIA & HVCIA. He is an official member of the Rolling Stone Cannabis Culture Council. And, he is on the board of the Asian Cannabis Roundtable, serving as treasurer.
Legal7 days ago
Thailand’s New Prime Minister Rejects Recreational Cannabis Use
News3 days ago
Colorado Schools Face Cash Crisis as Marijuana Revenue Plummets
Legal3 days ago
Leafly Lawsuit Latest in New York Cannabis Rollout
Business1 day ago
Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference Gathers Industry Titans and Policymakers in Chicago, September 27-28