Do You or Don't You Discount?
BRAIN SQUAD SURVEY: Cannabis business owners and top managers share their retailing experiences with GCT.
DO YOU OR DON’T YOU:
Offer Frequent Shopper Rewards and/or Discount Programs?
- We offer the Spark Perks membership where the customers can get 20 percent off their second purchase online, 20 percent off accessories at all times and a 20 percent birthday discount. — Rahul Patel, Fire and Flower, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Yes, it’s good for business! — Mary Adams, Culinary Cannabis, Mount Dora, FL
- Yes. Discounts drive sales and word-of-mouth promotion. — Ryan Jones, Magma, Redwood City, CA
- Yes, discount programs are key for engagement. — Matt Storey, Charlotte’s Web, Denver, CO
- Yes. Building brand loyalty and trust is a daily top priority for CAM. — Brendan Gagain, California Artisanal Medicine (CAM), Sacramento, CA
- We have discounts for large-scale clients that want to book us for multiple events. — Chelsi Katz, Irie Weddings & Events, Denver, CO
- We offer a wide variety of shopper rewards with loyalty programs, QR codes and more. — Vince Cortese, WeedApps.pro, Bradford Woods, PA
- Yes, we have a program where we offer 5 cents back per every subtotal dollar, which the customer can use like cash towards a future subtotal with us. — Andrea Rowe, Swade Cannabis,St. Louis, MO
- Yes, we have a loyalty points program. — Sam Ukpedinjagba, MyCannabisPlus, Las Cruces, NM
- Yes, loyalty must be rewarded to keep customers returning to us, otherwise they could easily take their business to a competitor. — Kate Petersen, Lume Cannabis, Houghton, MI
- Yes, we do loyalty points and discounts for veterans and low-income customers. — Kayla Brown, Missouri Health and Wellness, Sedalia, MO
- No, state regulations block these kinds of programs. — Meghan Porter, Ancient Roots, Wilmington, OH
- No, it’s not allowed by law in financial services and insurance. — Jonathan Pratt, Life Solutions Group, Danvers, MA
- Not currently, but we will once our new website is launched this May or June. — Chad Derosier, Flora Sophia Botanicals, Ashland, OR
- No, but we have an ambassador program for our customers and do offer discounts for client referrals. — Mendy Kupfer, Gigabit Systems, NYC, NY
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a cannabis business, you’re invited to join the Global Cannabis Times Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the cannabis business. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Cannaconvo with Peter Su of Green Check Verified
Cannabis Last Week with Jon Purow interviews Peter Su of Green Check Verified. Peter Su is a Senior Vice President with Green Check Verified, the top cannabis banking compliance software/consultancy in the space. A 20+ year veteran of the banking industry, Peter serves on the Banking & Financial Services committee of the National Cannabis Industry Association. He chairs the Banking and Financial Services Committee for the NYCCIA & HVCIA. He is an official member of the Rolling Stone Cannabis Culture Council. And, he is on the board of the Asian Cannabis Roundtable, serving as treasurer.